Get to Know The Different Kinds of Massage for the Perfect Day-Ender
Getting a massage can become quite overwhelming especially when you don’t know what the different kinds are. There are several variations when it comes to techniques that are best applied to different situations.
It can also be intimidating when having to decide in a quick manner especially when you’re in a salon. Thankfully, this guide will tell you more about the kinds of massages that people experience and what their main benefits are. And if all else fails, there will always be a handy pleno massager ready for your needs.
- Shiatsu Massage. The shiatsu massage is a Japanese type of massage that focuses on pressure points. It may work on the whole body but it can also be concentrated in a single area. Therapists typically use their palms, hands, and thumbs to apply pressure. This is best for people who work all day and require high intensity for relief.
- Hot Stone Massage. Similar to Swedish massage, a hot stone massage aims to ease muscle tension, improve blood flow, and increase relaxation. Therapists use heated stones instead of their hands in applying pressure to the different body points. But in some cases, cold stones can also be used depending on the customer’s preference.
- Aromatherapy Massage. Science has continually shown that pleasant fragrances have healing abilities especially in calming emotions and mental states. Massages incorporating aromatic essential oils target boosting moods, reducing stress and anxiety, relieve pain, and reduce muscle tension. These essential oils are first diluted before applied onto the skin. It is sometimes focused on the back, shoulders, and head and customers inhale the aromatics through an essential oil diffuser.
- Deep Tissue Massage. Individuals who undergo rigorous physical activities should indulge in a deep tissue massage to help relieve pain in a faster manner. This is a great option for people who also experience chronic muscle problems by helping the muscle knots untie. Strokes are usually deep in order to relieve tensions in muscles layers beneath. Fortunately, a pleno massager can do the job and replace a therapist. What’s even better is that these portable devices can immediately soothe muscle pain anywhere: at home, in the office, or during travels.
- Reflexology. One of the most common massage techniques is reflexology. It focuses on applying pressure points in the hands, feet, and head that are connected to different organs in the body. This massage is also considered to have more internal benefits compared to other types. There is no need to get undressed with this type of massage and this can even be experienced even while sitting. A reflexology massage is one of the best kinds of massage for people who get uncomfortable with others touching their body.
- Thai Massage. For those who seek a more active session, the Thai massage is definitely suitable. It involves a series of stretching movements similar to yoga that helps untie muscle knots. Therapists also use their hands to apply pressure to different body areas. When going for this type of massage, prepare to be twisted in different directions. Also, wear loose garments to aid in flexibility.