Things that can Improve the Effects of Getting a Massage
Experiencing a full-blown massage through availing the services of a therapist or just by doing it on your own through a handheld massager is great. It does not only provide relaxation but also promotes faster muscle healing and the production of other beneficial hormones. Thus, it could make or break a person’s well-being after getting involved in serious mental or physical activities.
To increase the benefits gained from massages, there are other things that can be done. Below are some ideas.
- Get Enough Sleep - Body repairs can be fulfilled the most when people get the right amount of sleep. It completes the cycle for recovery and helps massages exhibit their full effects. Adults can have 5-6 hours of sleep for a full recharge. Not will only this enhance massage effects by giving more room for muscle recovery but it also reverts the body’s production of necessary hormones.
- Shower. Taking a hot shower right after working out and before giving yourself a massage will help loosen up the body and keep the blood flowing. This practice warms up muscles that may have been knotted during the strenuous activity. As a result, it becomes easier for the pleno massager to release the tension that cripples the limbs and the back after workout sessions.
- Drinking Lots of Fluids. Loss of nutrients and salts during workouts or other strenuous activities can actually deprive muscles of necessary substances for optimal functioning. In addition, lactic acid can build up and contribute to the tiredness that can be felt afterward. Thus, hydration is key to replenish the body with the right minerals and nutrients. It even aids the breakdown of lactic acid and will enhance the total effects of getting a massage.
- Aromatics. Some massage services are not only availed after an extensive workout session in the gym. Pleno massagers can also be used when one is not feeling so well. Some diffused essential oils can help improve total wellbeing through their distinctive healing properties. In addition, science has shown that inhaling essential oils and aromatics restore balance to the body. Thus, it would be a perfect pair to giving yourself a well-deserved massage.
- Drink Tea. Ever noticed that some spas offer hot tea after a massage service? Science tells us that sipping tea leaf extracts help break down toxins and flush them out of the body. Different kinds of tea leaves have their own properties that can contribute to different aspects of health. But drinking this drink will certainly elevate moods and improve eliminating toxins like lactic acid. As a result, the relieving effects of the massage are improved and it’s easier to recover from aching muscles.